Sunday, May 25, 2008

Spoolie Album

I was flippin' through youtube and came across a video that just made me go "COOL ! I just HAVE to make one of those !"
So off I went down to my craft room for all the supplies. This album is made out of a ribbon spool (a really fat one that holds wide ribbon). I took off one side to make the lid and I kept the other side on (it's the bottom of the album). I needed "pages" but I didn't have any chip board so I used my Marvy scalloped circle punch and cut out circles from a cereal box. I cut out 12 circles (to make 6 "pages"). I laid out 6 circles about 3/4 an inch apart in a row, I then laid a long piece of black ribbon over the circles, then I put the remaining 6 circles over the ribbon. I used fast drying craft glue from my LSS to hold the circles together. I cut out pieces of SU! designer paper using the Marvy scalloped circle punch and adhered them to the cereal box "pages". Then I just embellished with pictures and stamps etc.
Isn't this just the coolest thing ever?


Lid of spoolie album



Inside album with the lid open. Hard to see but I left some extra black ribbon at the edge of the first "page" and I tied it so when you open the lid you can just pull the ribbon and it makes it easier to pull the "pages" out. (Actually it can be seen in the picture below)

The "pages" fold in like an acordian.








This is the bottom of the album. I put in a picture of my niece because I made this album for my SIL and since my niece is her only child I thought it was a nice idea.
This album is made of pictures of our trip to Santa's Village (hence the Christmas theme and paper) last summer. I took my oldest son and my niece. We had such a great day.
I will probably post the recipe someday LOL. Everything is SU! except for the Marvy scalloped circle punch and the cereal box I used instead of chip board.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me (see on right).



15 comments:

Joy said...

oh my gosh, this is soooooooo much fun, looks fantastic!

IH Girl said...

Wow, this accordian album is simply amazing. You do beautiful work~

Lori Barnett said...

That is cool!! So you win today for being the most creative! I swear there is never an end to making fun stuff :)

Rhonda Langley said...

This is absolutely the cutest thing! And you even put in the photos! What a great idea! Recycle those cereal boxes!

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is a great idea! Very cute!

~Emma~ said...

Oh wow! This is amazing! I might have to have a go now...!

Lesli said...

What a great idea for an album. You did an awesome job!

Just call me G said...

Lizette,

Beautiful album... a treasure to keep and remember.

I want to say thank you for leading me to http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com
my heart cried so many times reading the families story. again Thankyou.

Gxxx

chica21b said...

what a great gift for your SIL! I bet she loved it

Alesha Walls said...

This is so fabulous! You should enter this in the new SU Demo contest!

loretta said...

How much fun! It is a super cool project!

Lorraine said...

great project. thanks for sharing

Traci G said...

wow! This is really cute! What a creative idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

OMG....so cute!!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

this is so cool!